An important NZ walking stick
the shaft made from jarrah timber from James Busby's Residence which later became the Treaty House. The plain wood shaft topped with a pounamu band, a wide silver collar engraved with 'This Stick is Part of the House wherein the Treaty of Waitangi was signed 1840' with a polished piece of pounamu to the top of the collar. Length 930. The Residence fell into disrepair in the 1890s and was not restored until the 1930s when it was bought and gifted to the nation by Lord Bledisloe. Provenance: The Flower Family Collection. Length 930.